Community Issues

Photo credit: Janet Audley Charles
Photo credit: Michelle Mackenzie
Photo credit: Liz Boulter
Photo credit: Janet Audley Charles


Take part in litter picks with the fantastic local community group Sopwell Litter Pickers.

Report an issue with your local area such as dog fouling, graffiti, or flytipping to St Albans District Council through your MyStAlbans account, or via calling 01727 809019 or e-mailing

Find your local bin collection day here.

Road or pavement problems

Report potholes or issues with street lighting, traffic lights, road flooding, or overgrown hedges to Hertfordshire County Council.


View and track planning applications through St Albans District Council‘s website.


We are lucky to live in a relatively low crime area, but there are still problems. Report any concerns to the local Policing Team.

The SRA attends regular Neighbourhood Watch meetings. Contact us using our Contact Page to find out more.

You can also register to be notified about Local Authority alerts concerning crime and local issues using the National Police approved Online Watch Link (OWL).